A paradise for fishing fanatics and families!
Timber Creek Travellers Rest is the ideal place not only to rest, eat and restock supplies on your road trip but to base yourself as you explore our beautiful region.
Our amenities include:
- A range of accommodation options to suit solo travellers right through to families
- A large, shady caravan park offering powered and non-powered sites
- Licenced Restaurant offering breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Bar – takeaway alcohol also available
- A well stocked General Store
- Shaded swimming pool
- Children’s playground
- Laundry Facilities
- Free WIFI
We even do crocodile and kite feeding on Tues/Thurs/Sat evenings in the dry season!
In a town full of history, Timber Creek has so much to offer. Things to do and see include:
- Enjoy a 3.5km leisurely walk on the Timber Creek Heritage Trail which runs from the Timber Creek Travellers Rest to the Police Station Museum.
- Visit the Police Station Museum and discover how cattle settlers used Policeman’s Point as a port for their supply chain for the surrounding region.
- Enjoy a picnic at Nackaroo Monument for a beautiful sunset.
- Bradshaw Bridge provides a view of the mighty Vic River which flows 560km from its source, south of the Judbarra National Park to the Joseph Bonaparte Gulf. It is the longest permanent river in the Territory.
- Fish for the illusive iconic Barramundi in Big Horse Creek, Baines River, or Victoria River.
- This region attracts bird watchers from all over the world. Bring your binoculars and your camera and see some of the endemic species.
- Jump into your 4WD and explore the Bullita track and surrounding Judbarra National Park.